My Extremely Slow Journey into Non-Mammal Diet and perhaps Vegetarianism

More than four years past since I decided to go on a non-mammalian diet. Quite proud of myself for not intentionally eating mammals. It all started in 2001 when I attended one of Tony Robbins course (can't remember the name, its his first basic mass course before he convinces us all to pay for his more expensive ones). I had tried not eating red meat for 2 weeks before giving up on the notion. I was simply not gonna give up my carnivorous diet of beef and lamb, I was a proud meat eater!

What's a non-mammalian diet? Basically a no-no on eating any warm-blooded vertebrate animals Mammals are classified as having the skin more or less covered with hair; young are born alive except for the small subclass of monotremes and nourished with milk.
Simply put, no beef, no lamb, no pork, kangaroos, possums, boar, buffalo etc. Those were once my favorite meats ; no more beef or roos!.

What can I eat then? Seafood, insects, poultry and reptiles.

I dabbled with this diet between 2001-2003 before finally converted myself to a strict non-mammalian diet. Doing it on a very slow and gradual transition worked and I am even considering giving up poultry. It's a little more difficult this time and I am still unwilling to give up my roast duck and chicken rice.

Ideally my diet should consist mainly of vegetables and insects then complete vegetarianism.
Well let's see how that goes... slow and easy...

No comments: